- Bring fresh ideas and perspectives - Studies show a diverse workforce increases profits
- Bring cultural capital - Most international students can communicate in several languages and are familiar with various cultures. Their knowledge and experiences can also afford your organization to potentially expand to markets outside of the U.S.
- Are mature - This population has navigated lots of change; they already possess above average awareness of their surroundings, discretion, and are detail oriented.
- Are committed - This population has moved thousands of miles away and are committed to finding the right opportunity.
Please note, international students are required to notify the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at the University of Utah prior to starting an internship, a part-time or full-time position or even a volunteer experience. The onus is on the student to be knowledgeable about their eligibility and to complete the required paperwork with ISSS prior to the start date.
Why does this matter? It should matter If your organization or business values equity and access, and it is an important daily practice in your corporate culture.
- Your applicant pool will be larger and more diverse (in all its form).
- You will less likely be displacing current, part or full-time, employees or prospective ones.
- You will be complying with all state AND federal laws; including legal issues for international students AND unpaid internships.
If you have any questions or concerns surrounding these topics, please contact the Internship Coordinator, Brett Gaffney. We looking forwarding to working with you!